Seize the opportunity. Downtown Wichita offers the space, resources and support to turn the possibilities of today into the thriving landmarks of tomorrow.
Project Downtown: The Master Plan for Wichita charts a 20-year vision for Downtown Wichita. The vision is guided by five principles that address the critical factors necessary to initiate a more strategic and accelerated revitalization process for Wichita’s urban core, and each of the five vision principles contains an element that speaks to design. To accomplish design elements of the vision, all projects within the Project Downtown plan area are encouraged to be developed in a manner consistent with the plan’s General Design Guidelines and Project Development Criteria, and any project involving public investment is required to be developed in a manner consistent with the guidelines.
The Downtown Design Resource Center is a partnership between the Wichita Downtown Development Corporation and the City of Wichita to assist developers with gaining access to the resources necessary to make the projects happen and designing projects in a manner consistent with the guidelines. The Downtown Design Resource Center has also been charged with determining if a project’s design is consistent with the guidelines in order that it may be eligible for public investment through a public-private partnership.
Below are documents useful in the development process:
- Map of Downtown Development Projects
- Map of Downtown Residential Projects
- 2020 State of Downtown Report
- 2019 State of Downtown Report
- 2018 Downtown Wichita Residential Market Study - Executive Summary
- 2018 Downtown Wichita Residential Market Study - Full Report
- 2018 Downtown Wichita Residential Market Study - Methodology
- 2018 State of Downtown Report
- Catalyst Site Inquiry
- Additional Plans and Research