All Census Data was provided by Wichita State University’s Center for Economic Development and Business Research (CEDBR)
1. U.S. Census Bureau, 2015-2019 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates. Downtown census data is for zip code 67202. Totals may not add up 100 due to rounding.
2. The 2010 U.S. Census states the population in the 67202 area code was 1,393. Per Downtown Wichita records, 1,228 new units rental units have opened since 2010 when the Census was taken. Per data provided directly from the downtown residential rental properties, the occupancy of the market rate units averages 92.3% as of April 2021. Per the U.S. Census Bureau, 2015-2019 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates, the average size of renter-occupied units is 1.28 persons. Therefore, an estimate for the current population is 2,843.
3. Total investment amount includes all public, private and area investment located in the Downtown SSMID district. See number 4 for all sources of investment data. See the Investment Report for total dollar amount of individual investment areas.
4. Private investment includes data from the following sources: Sedgwick County property sales data - Sedgwick County Appraiser, Sedgwick County and City of Wichita building permit data - Metro Area Building & Construction (formerly Office of Central Inspection). Private investment totals are for the years 2011 - 2020 only for the Downtown SSMID District (Central to Kellogg, Washington to the Arkansas River). Historic Tax Credits (Includes both State and Federal Credits) - Kansas State Historical Society.
Note: All public investment that is reflected in private investment (i.e. items that include the public purchase of land and/or building permits for work on publicly owned property) has been deducted from private investment figures to avoid double counting investment. Public investment includes data from the following sources: City of Wichita CIP (Streets & bridges, public buildings & public improvements, parks, stormwater, maintenance), Tax Increment Financing (TIF) - City of Wichita, Facade Improvement Program - City of Wichita, HOME Program Investment - Wichita Housing and Community Services, CDBG funds - Wichita Housing and Community Services and Public Building Commission funding. Community Improvement District (CID) - City of Wichita (This is based on the year the tax was collected). Public investment totals are for the years 2011 - 2020 only for the Downtown SSMID District (Central to Kellogg, Washington to the Arkansas River).
Public investment for INTRUST Bank Arena - Sedgwick County. INTRUST Bank Arena funding during these years constitutes a larger portion of the public investment value. However, Arena capital funding is included over years 2010-2019 per Sedgwick County. Yearly INTRUST Bank Arena funding - 2005: $645,806, 2006: $5,779,067, 2007: $18,575,958, 2008: $74,376,927, 2009: $81,758,743, 2010: $7,331,622, 2011: $1,624,192, 2012: $285,281, 2013: $250,000, 2014: $0, 2015: $0. 2016: $0, 2017: $2,886,656; 2018: $0; 2019: $0; 2020: $0. Note: Yearly data may not match the yearly data published in this report or any future reports due to receiving updated information.
5. Information provided by Sedgwick County Appraiser and Sedgwick County Department of Finance
Note: Yearly data may not match the yearly data published in this report or any future reports due to receiving updated information.