FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 23, 2019
Contact: Evan Rosell
Urban Explorations start tomorrow
for Riverfront Legacy Master Plan
The second round of in-person community engagement activities for the Riverfront Legacy Master Plan start tomorrow, with the first of four Urban Explorations. The walking tours will provide a first-hand look at features within the master plan site, which is south of Douglas Avenue to US-54/Kellogg and from the east bank of the Arkansas River to Main Street.
RSVPs are required and can be made online.
Tours 1 and 2: 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, September 24.
- Meet at the east connecting lobby at The Jester statue between Bob Brown Expo Hall and Century II, 225 W. Douglas near the box office. Public parking is available on the east side of the buildings. Handicapped parking available on the west side of Century II.
Tours 3 and 4: Wednesday, September 25 at 7:30 a.m. and noon
- Meet in the Riverview Ballroom in the Hyatt Regency, 400 West Waterman. Surface parking is available just south and east of the main entrance of the hotel.
Tours are scheduled to last about an hour and will include walking about a half-mile and climbing up and going
down stairs. People who have difficulty with mobility can indicate that on the RSVP and accommodations will
be arranged. In addition, Spanish-language translators will be available.
- Amber Luther, planner, Populous global design firm
- Angela Cassette, development director, Music Theatre Wichita
- Brian Smith, senior landscape architect, Populous global design firm
- Jeff Fluhr, president, Greater Wichita Partnership
- Susie Santo, president and CEO, Visit Wichita
The public is also encouraged to provide comments and their vision for the Riverfront Legacy Master Plan area
anytime at www.riverfrontlegacywichita.org, or call the Greater Wichita Partnership at 316-500-6650 during
regular business hours.
Organizations in the Riverfront Legacy Master Plan coalition are the City of Wichita, Downtown Wichita,
Greater Wichita Partnership, Sedgwick County, Visit Wichita, Wichita Community Foundation and Wichita
Regional Chamber of Commerce/W – a community of young professionals/Wichita Educational Foundation,
working together through the regional vision and action plan Project Wichita.