The Visionary Place
Shaping Tomorrow’s City, Today. Downtown is a thriving hub of social, professional and cultural experiences with 740 residential units under development, 121 unique retailers and 3.1 million square feet of occupied office space. At the core of the largest city in Kansas, it is the employment epicenter. Continuing to support infrastructure and development according to the tenets of Project Downtown: The Master Plan for Wichita introduced in 2010, Wichita is rapidly growing into the vibrant, 20-year vision for its Downtown.
Newly welcomed to Downtown are a variety of commercial, retail, and social spaces, including:
- Phase One of Union Station renovations, including a mixed-use area and public plaza
- The temporary Pop-Up Urban Park’s vibrant, flexible outdoor space
- COrTen Building’s redeveloped contemporary office spaces
- Professional Engineering Consultants’ 50th anniversary interior office renovations
- Fidelity Bank’s corporate headquarters interior remodel
Other key locations poised to enter the next phase of development include:
- The Flats 324’s second expansion with 73 additional residential units
- 520Commerce’s 22 warehouse lofts, two brownstones and ground level co-op spaces
- The Broadway Autopark’s transformation into 44 apartments and ground floor commercial space
Excitement to see Wichita become the next great American River City continues to build. Downtown Wichita offers the space, resources and support to turn the possibilities of today into the thriving landmarks of tomorrow.