The Visionary Place
Shaping Tomorrow’s City, Today. Downtown is a thriving hub of social, professional and cultural experiences with 740 residential units under development, 121 unique retailers and 3.1 million square feet of occupied office space. At the core of the largest city in Kansas, it is the employment epicenter. Continuing to support infrastructure and development according to the tenets of Project Downtown: The Master Plan for Wichita introduced in 2010, Wichita is rapidly growing into the vibrant, 20-year vision for its Downtown.
Newly welcomed to Downtown are a variety of commercial, retail, and social spaces, including:
- Historic renovation of the Colorado Derby Lofts into 106 residential units
- The new Advanced Learning Library positioning the community to thrive
- Conversion of a vacant parking garage into the Broadway Autopark Apts.
Other key locations poised to enter the next phase of development include:
- River Vista, 203 new residential units along the Arkansas River
- Plans to renovate the Union Station terminal into a historic hotspot
- Wave, a new indoor-outdoor concert and event venue in Old Town
- The redesign of Naftzger Park to include gardens, a dog run, flexible seating, space for events and more
- The revitalization of the historic Spaghetti Works building and construction of new office and retail space on the adjacent surface lot
Excitement to see Wichita become the next great American River City continues to build. Downtown Wichita offers the space, resources and support to turn the possibilities of today into the thriving landmarks of tomorrow.