The Visionary Place
Shaping Tomorrow’s City, Today. Downtown Wichita is a thriving hub of social, professional and cultural experiences with 350 residential units under development, over 120 unique retailers and 4.1 million square feet of occupied office space. At the core of the largest city in Kansas, it’s an employment epicenter. Continuing to support infrastructure and development according to the tenets of Project Downtown: The Master Plan for Wichita, Wichita is rapidly growing into the vibrant, 20-year vision for its downtown.
Newly welcomed to downtown are a variety of commercial, retail, and social spaces, including:
- Renovation of the former Spaghetti Works building into 44 residential units, retail and commercial space
- Wave, a new indoor-outdoor concert and event venue
- Completion of Cargill Protein Group’s new headquarters in Old Town
- River Vista, 203 new residential units along the Arkansas River
Other key locations poised to enter the next phase of development include:
- Plans to renovate the Union Station terminal into a historic hotspot
- The redesign of Naftzger Park to include gardens, a dog run, flexible seating, a stage for events and more
- Phase Two of the Spaghetti Works project, which includes the construction of a new mixed-use building in the center of downtown
- Phases One and Two of the Fidelity Bank headquarters expansion, which includes the construction of a mixed-use car park and 10-story office tour
Excitement to see Wichita become the next great American River City continues to build. Downtown Wichita offers the space, resources and support to turn the possibilities of today into the thriving landmarks of tomorrow.