The Visionary Place
Shaping Tomorrow’s City, Today. Downtown Wichita is a thriving hub of social, professional and cultural experiences with 350 residential units under development, over 120 unique retailers and 4.1 million square feet of occupied office space. At the core of the largest city in Kansas, it’s an employment epicenter. Continuing to support infrastructure and development according to the tenets of Project Downtown: The Master Plan for Wichita, Wichita is rapidly growing into the vibrant, 20-year vision for its downtown.
Interested in development opportunities? Contact Jason Gregory, Executive Vice President for Downtown Wichita at firstname.lastname@example.org or 316.264.6005.
Newly welcomed to downtown are a variety of commercial, retail, and social spaces, including:
- A new Hilton Garden Inn featuring 127 hotel rooms
- The new mixed-use Spaghetti Works building along Douglas Avenue
- The redesigned Naftzger Park, an urban green space and gathering place
- Phase Two renovations to the historic Union Station terminal into a mix of office and commercial spaces
Other key locations poised to enter the next phase of development include:
- Phases One and Two of the Fidelity Bank headquarters expansion, which includes the construction of a mixed-use car park and 10-story office tower
- The $75 million redevelopment of four historic buildings into the Kansas Health Science Center
- Restoration of the historic Ice House into a unique office space
- 430 ReDevelopment, a new four-story office building with commercial space on the ground floor at the growing intersection of Douglas and Emporia
Excitement to see Wichita become the next great American River City continues to build. Downtown Wichita offers the space, resources and support to turn the possibilities of today into the thriving landmarks of tomorrow.
To see where these projects and more are coming to life, download the Current Downtown Projects Map or visit the Downtown Projects Listing.