All Census Data was provided by Wichita State University’s Center for Economic Development and Business Research (CEDBR)
1. U.S. Census Bureau, 2015-2019 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates. Downtown census data is for zip code 67202. Totals may not add up 100 due to rounding.
2. The 2010 U.S. Census states the population in the 67202 area code was 1,393. Per Downtown Wichita records, 1,432 new units rental units have opened since 2010 when the Census was taken. Per data provided directly from the downtown residential rental properties, the occupancy of the market rate units averages 92.3% as of April 2021. Per the U.S. Census Bureau, 2016-2020 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates, the average size of renter-occupied units is 1.32 persons. Therefore, an estimate for the current downtown market population is 3,352.
6. Council for Community and Economic Research, Cost of Living Index, 2020 Annual Average, Vol. 53, No. 4.
10. U.S. Census Bureau, 2014-2018 American Community Survey 5-year estimates, Race alone or in combination with one or more other races. Total will be more than 100 percent because individuals of more than one race are counted by the number of races reported. Downtown census data is for zip code 67202.
16. Downtown Wichita (or Wichita Downtown Development Corporation)