Downtown Wichita > covid-19-resources > Overview
As we confront COVID-19 and adjust to new ways of living and working, Downtown Wichita’s top priority remains the health, safety and strength of our community. Please continue to follow the advice and directives of public health officials and practice all safety precautions, not only for your health, but for the collective health of your friends and neighbors.
The Downtown Wichita team is working to find the best solutions to support our local businesses and residents. Please check our website and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) often, as we will continue to update all with current and meaningful information for you to use and share.
We are a community made up of powerful, kind and resilient people. We are indeed facing uncertain times, and the only way to get through the coming months and foreseeable future is together.
If Downtown Wichita can be of any assistance to you or your organization, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay home and take care of yourself, check on a neighbor, and support local by purchasing a gift card or ordering some local takeout.
Information on community impacts due to the pandemic are rapidly evolving. Below is a list of important information related directly to the downtown district. Check back regularly for updated information.
- The Q-LINE Trolley shuttle service is suspended until the Stay at Home Order issued by Sedgwick County is lifted.
- Gatherings and events with 10 or more individuals have been canceled or postpone by the Stay at Home Order issued by Sedgwick County.
- The City of Wichita Park & Recreation Department has postponed programming from March 17-May 1 in all parks.
- A limited number of food trucks will continue to serve at the Pop-Up Park (121 E. Douglas Avenue) from 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Many local shops and restaurants have closed their storefronts, but are offering specials, online ordering and delivery services. View a list of all small businesses offering these services during this time.
Health and Safety
The health and safety of you and the community is of the utmost importance. For virus and health updates, visit the following websites for the most up-to-date information.
General Help and Information
If you are needing help or have general questions regarding the Coronavirus contact 211, United Way’s information and referral service. Dial 2-1-1 to talk with a call specialist or text your ZIP code to 898-211.
- United Way is working with local and state agencies to have accurate, current information. Available information includes community mental health resources and hotlines, food for seniors, students, and more, employment and unemployment resources and information, utility assistance, and much more.
Business Resources and Questions
As a small business owner, there are many resources available to you during this challenging time. If you are looking for information on federal, state and local resources, visit the following sites or connect with the Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce at 316-265-7771.
View a list of open restaurants and retailers in the downtown district, their online ordering procedures and delivery services, as well as ideas on how you can support our local shops, restaurants, their workers and the service industry.
Ways to Help
The Downtown Wichita organization is working remotely but is available to help in any way possible. Each team member is available via phone, email and virtual/online meetings. Connect with our team.
Resources for Small Businesses
As a resource for those who live, work and play in downtown Wichita, our organization is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. We are working with partner organizations to provide resources for small businesses and downtown stakeholders. This page will be regularly updated with additional information and opportunities as they become available.
Find additional information and assistance through the Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce's Wichita Resource Center.
Questions on the resources? Contact Jason Gregory, Executive Vice President of Downtown Wichita via email.
Resources for Restaurants:
Free Sign Printables for Small Businesses: