Downtown Wichita > covid-19-resources > Business Support Program
Apply Now: Business Support Program
Downtown Wichita has partnered with local professionals to provide services and assistance to small businesses within the Self Supported Municipal Improvement District (SSMID) that are suffering as a result of the COVID-19 crisis. These local professional services include law, accounting, human resources and marketing.
The assistance will include but is not limited to:
- Understanding and applying for government aid
- Establishing or updating your online business presence
- Receiving legal or financial advice
- Reimbursement for costs associated with the Open Air ICT program
- Receiving reimbursement for unexpected business expenses prompted by COVID-19
Acceptance into the program will be based on the need and availability of funds on a first-come, first-serve basis. The program will continue until funds are depleted.
If interested in receiving accounting, law, or marketing services, businesses can apply to be paired with one of the service partners to receive consultation and assistance valued at up to $1,500. Downtown Wichita will connect the two businesses and provide funding directly to the service provider.
Apply Now: Business Support Program
If interested in receiving reimbursement for costs associated with unexpected COVID-19-related business changes (i.e. computer system upgrade to accommodate customers, changes made to a physical business location to adapt to health and safety standards, etc.,) businesses may apply to receive reimbursement up to $1,500. Applications for reimbursement must be accompanied by a description of changes, valid receipts, and/or paid invoices dated July 2020 to current.
Open Air ICT Assistance
If interested in receiving reimbursement for costs associated with the Open Air ICT program (materials and supplies,) businesses may apply to receive reimbursement up to $1,500. Applications for reimbursement must be accompanied by proof of city-issued ICT Open Air permit, valid receipts, and/or paid invoices dated July 2020 to current.
Downtown Wichita has received a grant from the COVID-19 Connection Fund at the Wichita Community Foundation to help eligible small businesses within the SSMID partner with local professionals to provide services and assistance. These local professionals include Allen, Gibbs & Houlik, Howerton+White and Martin Pringle Law Firm.
If your business is within the SSMID boundaries (Central Avenue to Kellogg Avenue Washington Avenue to the Arkansas River), you are eligible to apply for the Business Support Program. View a map of the SSMID.
Types of Services Available
- Assistance with CARES Act, FFCRA, and other COVID-19 legislation
- Understanding and applying for government assistance
- Assistance with Paycheck Protection Program application and forgiveness documentation
- Guidance on regular and emergency sick and family leave
- Workplace health and safety
- Other legal advice
Accounting & Taxes
- Tax credits and deferrals
- Development of cash flow projections
- Other financial, accounting, or tax advice
- Help creating a website for my business
- Help updating my website and/or other online (ex. social media) platforms
- Help setting up online sales options for my business website
- Help with my paid media (traditional, digital, etc.)
- Other marketing and sales advice
Open Air ICT Reimbursement (Equipment & Materials)
- Table and chair sets
- General seating
- Fence, railing, other barricades
- Outdoor safety or sanitation components
Unexpected COVID-19 Expenses (July 2020 to current)
- Updating or change in computer systems
- Physical changes to business location
- Investment in sanitation systems
Apply now using an online form via JotForm.
Please fill out the online form via JotForm in order to apply. If you have questions regarding the application, please contact Emily Brookover, Director of Community Development for Downtown Wichita.
Businesses that are awarded funded services will sign an agreement with the service provider outlining the terms and conditions under which the services are provided. Downtown Wichita will remain unaffiliated with said agreements. Awarded businesses are under no obligation to pay for services beyond what is provided by grant funding or to accept or act on any advice that is presented.
In order to receive services through this program, awarded businesses will be required to sign an agreement with Downtown Wichita. This agreement will state that the services provided will be paid by grant funds and Downtown Wichita is not responsible for any advice or direction given.
If reimbursement is awarded, businesses will be required to provide documentary evidence of costs incurred due to COVID-19 expenses or participation in the Open Air ICT program.