Apply Now: Business Support Program
Downtown Wichita has been listening to businesses within the Self Supported Municipal Improvement District (SSMID) about what support is most needed during this difficult time. One of the needs consistently heard is support related to professional areas such as law, accounting, human resources and marketing.
In addition to overall marketing efforts and providing information about public financial resources, Downtown Wichita has received a grant from the COVID-19 Connection Fund at the Wichita Community Foundation to help eligible small businesses within the SSMID partner with local professionals to provide services and assistance. These local professionals include Allen, Gibbs & Houlik, Howerton+White and Martin Pringle Law Firm.
Eligible businesses can apply to receive a consultation valued at $1,500 from one of the partner professional service firms. Acceptance into the program will be based on the business need and availability of funds on a first come, first serve basis. The program will continue until funds are depleted. Downtown Wichita will connect the eligible business with the service provider and provide funding directly to the professional firm.
If your business is within the SSMID boundaries (Central Avenue to Kellogg Avenue Washington Avenue to the Arkansas River), you are eligible to apply for the Business Support Program. View a map of the SSMID.
Types of Services Available
- Assistance with CARES Act, FFCRA, and other COVID-19 legislation
- Assistance with Paycheck Protection Program application and forgiveness documentation
- Understanding and applying for government assistance
- Guidance on regular and emergency sick and family leave
- Workplace health and safety
- Tax credits or tax deferrals
- Legal HR considerations
- Other legal advice
Accounting & Business
- Business strategy and planning
- Accounting/Financial/Tax Advice
- Employee management
- Technology Services (Cybersecurity, network and information systems etc.)
- Other accounting and business advice
- Insight on creating a business website
- Updates to an existing website and/or other online (ex. social media) platforms
- Help setting up online sales options for a business website
- Assitance with paid media (traditional, digital, etc.)
- Other marketing advice