- Sedgwick County Health Department on COVID-19
- Sedgwick County Facility Closings
- City of Wichita on COVID-19
Sedwick County Health Department on COVID-19
If you are a business and would like to offer support/donations to keep our public safety and healthcare workers safe, let Sedgwick County Emergency Management know. They are seeking:
- Protective face masks: FDA/NIOSH approved N-95 or surgical masks
- Non-latex, medical gloves
- Hand sanitizer
- Surface cleaners
- Non-permeable/fluid resistant gowns
- Nasopharyngeal specimen collection – swab and viral transport medium
Contact Sedgwick County Emergency Management at (316) 660-5959 to donate.
New COMCARE Support Line
A new support line for residents who are experiencing elevated mental health symptoms but in crisis is available through COMCARE. Residents can call (316) 660-1111 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday to receive resources, coping skill ideas and encouragement to stay healthy, emotionally and physically.
United Way of the Plains
- United Way of the Plains is a one-stop referral service for those impacted by COVID-19. For any general questions regarding the Coronavirus, call 2-1-1 to talk with a call specialist for assistance or text your ZIP code to 898-211.
- The United Way has created the Pandemic Fund to help people who have self-quarantined or vulnerable populations, such as the elderly. There are three simple ways to make a donation.
- Donate online
- Text "ICTResponse" to 41444 to donate
- Checks can be mailed to United Way of the Plains, 245 N. Water St., Wichita, KS 67202. Please include "Pandemic Fund" in the memo.
Wichita Community Foundation
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Wichita Community Foundation (WCF) has mobilized two funds, the WCF Emergency Fund (to assist nonprofits) and the newly-created Stand with Wichita Fund (to support individuals). The Stand with Wichita Fund, created in partnership with The Salvation Army, will provide utility assistance to anyone whose employment status has been impacted by the COVID-19 virus.
- If you are a nonprofit organization or an individual who has been negatively impacted by COVID-19, view the press release announcing these funds to learn more.
Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce
- The Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce has developed a resources page for small businesses affected by COVID-19. In addition, multiple virtual events and webinars are being hosted regularly on subjects important for small businesses during this time.
- To assist businesses in need of purchasing personal protective equipment (PPE), a work group of the COVID-19 Community Task Force identified a need to create a resource listing local vendors making and supplying PPE. The Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce has created a webpage with this listing through the Wichita Resource Center on their website. Learn more.