Wichita Downtown Development Corporation Design & Innovation Center
The Wichita Downtown Development Corporation in partnership with the John S. and James L Knight Foundation, the Wichita Community Foundation and a number of private sector partners conducted the grand opening of the new WDDC Design and Innovation Center on Friday, August 26 2011. An initiative of Project Downtown, the facility offers resources to further the development of Downtown. The WDDC Design and Innovation Center offers:
• Creative space in which to connect and engage individuals, organizations and the community to discuss initiatives to implement Project Downtown development strategies.
• It serves as a resource of data when pursuing investment in Downtown.
• Through videoconferencing, it provides the capacity to access resources from across the country to assist in the design and economic feasibility of proposed projects.
• The Center’s technology provides a state-of-the-art presentation space to market the development of Downtown. Such presentations may be videos or power points outlining projects recently completed, under construction or in planning.
• The Center offers the opportunity for collaboration with universities in the areas of design, economics, real estate and urban development.
It is an environment that inspires, connects and fosters strategies to further develop the economic viability of Downtown Wichita for the region.
The following is a complete list of our funding partners:
-John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
-Wichita Community Foundation
-Schaefer Johnson Cox Frey Architects
-Morris Laing Evans Brock & Kennedy Law Firm
-Professional Engineering Consultants
-Richard L. Honeyman
-J.P. Weigand &Sons Inc.
-Hite Fanning Honeyman, L.L.P
-Phil Ruffin, Jr.
-The Fiber Studio
-Trans Pacific Properties
-John A. Marshall Co.
-Belford Electric Inc.
To view more photos from the grand opening click on the Resources link above.
More information is available by contacting:
Mr. Jeff Fluhr
Mr. Jason Gregory
WDDC Executive Vice President